Spaghetti Squash Ratatouille
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium eggplant, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1.5 cups spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Slice spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Place both halves, skin side up, on a baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons water in a large deep skillet. Water-sauté onion until softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute, adding more water as necessary to prevent scorching. Reduce heat to low-medium and add tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini, red pepper, mushrooms, oregano, and basil. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally until vegetables are very tender, about 45 minutes. Add spaghetti sauce and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- When squash is done, remove from oven and, using a fork, scrape spaghetti-like strands from the squash onto serving plates. Top with vegetable mixture.
Recipe taken from The End of Dieting: How to Live for Life by Joel Fuhrman.
This is the super easy soup featured on my Instagram. 7 ingredients and no chopping involved!
Prep: 5 minutes, Cook: 21 minutes
5 cups chicken broth
1 (16-ounce) package frozen vegetable soup mix (with tomatoes)
2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken breast
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3/4 quick-cooking barley
2 cups chopped bagged baby spinach leaves
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large Dutch oven (big pot). Cover and bring to a boil. Stir in barley; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in spinach, and let stand 5 minutes. Yield: 8 servings (serving size: about 1 cup).
Recipe from Cooking Light’s cookbook “Fresh Food Fast Weeknight Meals”
This is the recipe I used in the blog post “Starting the day off on the right fork.” Super easy, super yummy! I topped with blueberries and maple syrup. Enjoy!
- 6 thick slices bread
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- salt to taste
- Beat together egg, milk, salt, desired spices and vanilla.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dunk each slice of bread in egg mixture, soaking both sides. Place in pan, and cook on both sides until golden. Serve hot.
Printed From Allrecipes.com 4/3/2018